The European Green Vehicles Initiative Association currently counts 64 members. Each of them belongs to one of the two following categories:
- Full Members – composed of two sub-categories: Industry Members and Research Members
- Industry Membershipis open to industrial and commercial companies active in the field of the EGVI PPP, from the following industries:
- Automotive industry: companies involved in engineering and manufacturing of vehicles, automotive systems and components
- Smart Systems industry: companies involved in engineering and production of smart systems and their integration at all stages of the supply chain
- Smart Grids industry: companies involved in engineering and deployment of smart electricity grids
- Research Provider Membership is open to research institutes and universities active in the field of road transport technologies.
- Associate Membership is open to non-governmental organisations involved in European transport research.
- The General Assembly consists of all the EGVIA members and is the supreme body of the Association. Its role is to approve the general policy on the basis of proposals of the Executive Board and give recommendations for its implementation.