Launch event of the European Climate Pact
The European Climate Pact will take place on 16 December from 09:00-11:00 (CET).
The event will be fully virtual and in English, but can also be viewed in several EU languages.
What can you expect to see at the launch?
- Climate talks by special guests focusing on concrete climate actions in our everyday life
- Introducing the first #EUClimatePact Ambassadors
- A discussion on upcoming Climate Pact pledges
- With the participation of Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice President of the European Commission, responsible for the European Green Deal, and a possibility to ask him questions via Sli.do.
A detailed agenda will be available soon. You can register here for the launch event.
To capture the wealth and diversity of climate action in Europe, we are inviting everybody to organise Climate Pact satellite events. Such events – big and small, local and EU wide – are a space to hold discussions in different languages, reach out to local communities, focus on specific topics or highlight the role of particular groups or sectors in the Climate Pact.
Excited to organise your own satellite event? We will publish the calendar online and promote it on social media.
You can register your satellite event here.
What is the European Climate Pact?
The European Climate Pact will help us all shape the green Europe we want.
Have your say, contribute and play your part!
We need to work together to tackle climate change and environmental degradation and to grasp the opportunities arising from decisive action and sustainable lifestyles.
The Pact main objectives are twofold:
- Spreading awareness
- Supporting action
The Pact will connect people and organisations from all walks of life to:
- improve our understanding of climate and environmental challenges
- develop solutions big and small
- find ways to influence and change behaviours
- trigger and scale-up positive change
We are not starting from scratch. The Climate Pact wants to provide a fertile ground for existing initiatives, networks and movements that have already begun to revolutionise the approach to climate action in Europe.
Stay tuned: keep an eye on our website for upcoming developments!