Ageing and efficiency Simulation & TEsting under Real world conditions for Innovative electric vehicle Components and Systems
- Framework: FP7
- Type: STREP
- Status: Ongoing
- Category: Electrification (FEV/PHEV)
- End Date: 30/09/2015
- Vehicles: Passenger cars
- Website: http://www.asterics-project.eu
In terms of range, power, and energy efficiency the current generation of Full Electric Vehicles does not meet customer’s expectations on a broad basis. It will require huge efforts in improving these concepts to get competitive vehicles that are reliable and have similar performance attributes as nowadays conventional vehicles. The improvement and optimization of current FEV concepts requires improvements in design, simulation and testing-methodologies and tools. In ASTERICS new generation FEVs will be optimized by means of advanced modelling tools, going from one-dimensional to three-dimensional approaches, empiric, statistic and mixed model. Complete vehicle optimizations for case studies will already be done in earliest project/concept phases with much higher quality then possible nowadays. Real time capabilities, advanced testing methodologies for accelerated ageing, online adaptive test procedures and models for ageing effects will complete this picture of virtual prototyping. The ASTERICS project aim is to explore the full potential of fully electric vehicle by means of:
- Developing advanced modelling and testing tools and methods that allow the investigations into influence of each constituent component and sub-system of new generation EV that may be critical from energy efficiency, performance or reliability point of view.
- Assessing the effect of different sub-system solutions in terms of energy efficiency and related increase of autonomy on different specific-life driving cycles that will take into account traffic constraints, road slope evolution, etc.
- Accelerating and adopting testing procedures, tools and systems to the needs of fast, autonomous and reliable testing integrated over the whole development process with the same quality as known from conventional vehicle, component, and sub-system testing.
The ASTERICS project will strongly contribute into a huge leap forward, improving modelling and testing tools and methods that will be the base for future developments of FEV through all Europe, contributing to the competitiveness in this sector in all its aspects: basic components, integrated components, sub-systems, algorithms, systems, and OEMs applications. The overall sector of vehicle manufacturing will have big benefits.