COncepts, capacities and methods for Testing EV systems and their interOperability within the Smart grid
- Framework: FP7
- Type: IP
- Status: Ongoing
- Category: Electrification (FEV/PHEV)
- End Date: 29/02/2016
- Vehicles: Buses, Delivery vans, Passenger cars, and Trucks
- Website: http://cotevos.eu/
COTEVOS aims to develop optimal structures and capacities to test the conformance, interoperability and performance of the different systems to be included in the infrastructure for smart charging of Electric Vehicles.
In order to improve the electro-mobility adoption and the sustainability of the EV market segment, the long-term, overall goals of COTEVOS are:
- to assess and improve the degree of interoperability of the pan-European charging services.
- to improve the conformance assessment cost and time, through the design of procedures and facilities, in agreement with standardization and industrial working groups.
- to facilitate a potential growth of customer acceptance of EVs, by reducing some known adoption barriers: availability of charging infrastructure, charging time, safety risk concerns and cost (beyond incentives policies).
- to assess new systems and applications for the electricity grid in order to allow grid operators to host a larger penetration of EVs within their management procedures.