Energy ManagEment and RechArging for efficient eLectric car Driving
- Framework: FP7
- Type: IP
- Status: Ongoing
- Category: Electrification (FEV/PHEV)
- End Date: 30/09/2015
- Vehicles: Passenger cars
- Website: http://www.fp7-emerald.eu/home.aspx
EMERALD focuses on energy use optimisation and on the seamless integration of the FEV into the transport and energy infrastructure, the goal being to assist the FEV in becoming a successful commercial product.
To this end, EMERALD innovates a range of advanced ICT solutions, each one seamlessly integrated with the others, including:
- Dynamic energy-driven management of FEV auxiliaries, tightly integrated with consumption prediction functionality, enabling pre-emptive energy conservation measures.
- Energy-efficient long-range route planning and optimisation, enabling extension of FEV’s driving range and automatic scheduling of recharging stops en route.
- Performance-centric machine learning for consumption prediction, introducing optimisation and cooperative training of machine learning functions targeted for energy consumption and traffic prediction based on experience.
- Driver profiling functionalities, through monitoring of acceleration/braking patterns, for the enhancement of route consumption prediction functionality.
- V2G traffic and consumption data synchronisation, as a new cooperative information-sharing scheme.
- User-centric charge and discharge management, enabling automatically-generated, optimal for the user, charge and discharge schedules, accessible both on-board and on his mobile phone.
EMERALD will also introduce: Enhanced FEV-related power demand prediction and power flow management support, taking advantage of consumption patterns as shared in a cooperative manner by the FEVs themselves as well as from FEVs’ recharging bookings; cooperative FEV fleet management, though holistic and dynamic; multi-parameter; fleet control optimisation, taking into account energy and recharging limitations; FEV-specific driver training for energy efficiency.