Smart Mobility in Smart City
- Framework: FP7
- Type: IP
- Status: Ongoing
- Category: Electrification (FEV/PHEV)
- End Date: 30/06/2015
- Vehicles: Passenger cars
- Website: http://www.mobincity.eu/
MOBINCITY intends to optimize FEV autonomy range and increase energy efficiency based on an ICT-based integrated system, in which it will enable interaction between driver, vehicle and transport and energy infrastructures. Retrieval of this information will enable optimization of both energy charging and discharging processes. The development of this system will include:
- Installation of a system inside the vehicle which will enable information retrieval from the surrounding environment that influences the vehicle performance (traffic information, weather and road conditions and energy grid).
- Optimization of the trip planning and routing of FEV using information from these external sources including alternatives from other transport modes adapted to user’s needs.
- Increasing efficiency and optimization of charging strategies (including routing) adapted to user, FEV needs and grid conditions.
- Implementation of additional energy saving methods such as driving modes and In-Car Energy Management Services within the FEV interaction with the driver.